5.04.2009

Its a conspiracy

There is so much I would like to blog about right now, but I'm going to keep it brief(er) and stick with this one particular point for now. It would seem that combined circumstances (maybe the universe) are conspiring against me. Or maybe just for me. Willie is going on 9 months old now and if its anything like the last 2 kids, that means I'm PMSing. Yes indeedy Aunt Flo is getting ready to come back and visit me again. Here is where the conspiracy comes into play- Jeffs brothers and their wonderful wives are ALL expecting babies. And it's relatively newish news on all fronts.

Matt and Leigh just found out they are expecting a Girl. Oh a baby girl, I miss having a baby girl. I saved all of Abby's so so so cute baby girl things, and they have been sitting in storage for 5 years. Additionally John and Trisha just got an unexpected surprise- number 4 will be arriving in December. Trisha and I have shared most of our pregnancies, and while we probably lied when we said it the first time- it was actually kind of fun. And it is definitely a LOT of fun having kids the same age. Cousins are just the best built in buddies. For cousins are allowed to do sleepovers, and other friends aren't. Cousins will be there at all the family things, cousins will learn your funny little quirks and love you anyways- because they don't actually have to spend every day with you like your brothers and sisters do. At the moment all of my kids have at least one cousin less than 3 months younger, and other cousins pretty close in age too. It seemed likely to happen again- Mike and Helen were going to wait 5 years to have kids, and that is next year. I think I'd be ready for baby number 4 next year. You've probably guessed by now- Mike and Helen are pregnant. Yes indeedy they decided not to wait so long after all and just told us that they will have their first shortly after Matt and Leigh do.

I'm telling you it's a conspiracy. It's not JUST being the only Sister-in-law that isn't pregnant. My sister Irene is getting married this week, and Jeffs sister Shelly gets married on the 30th. When our brothers were married and we went to their sealings I was pregnant, both times. It could be an interesting coincidence to continue. And the PMS thing. Has anyone else ever noticed how PMS and early pregnancy symptoms are so terribly similar? Cramps, mood swings, hunger, nausea, sore boobs. So just for good measure and peace of mind I took a pregnancy test this morning. Nope not pregnant. Ok now I know and I can stop thinking the crazy "I must be pregnant" thoughts. Willie isn't even 9 months old yet. I'd like to get down to my goal weight, wouldn't that be cool?? We only have 5 seat belts- and already have 5 people. So having more time before we announce baby number 4 is really a good thing. I still look forward to having that baby number 4 (and 5, and hopefully 6, and we'll just have to see what happens). But meanwhile I will enjoy the time I get with my 3 kids, and I'll start making slings for presents. Maybe in a year or so I'll be the onve makign room. And who knows? Maybe Irene or Shelly will get an earlier than planned for blessing so number 4 can have a twinny cousin too. (bwahahaha)

5 comments:

Kristy said...

So funny! I think it might be kind of fun to have two really close together...but it's also really fun to NOT be pregnant and loosing weight like you are ;)

Lara Neves said...

I think that it's definitely weird when the people who started out the same time (or after!) you, suddenly have more children than you do. But it's a personal decision and no family is exactly alike! I feel pressure a lot to have more kids, and I always have, since mine are spaced about 3 years apart. But we just try to listen to the spirit and hope we make the best decisions for our family.

Although, maybe the spirit IS talking to you!

Anna said...

Well, Trisha's 3rd baby is actually 8 1/2 months older than Willie. The pressure that time around was kind of tremendous. But I worked through it, and this time it is mostly funny that the universe has conspired to convince me that surely I AM pregnant. Surprisingly I'd be ok with it if I was, but I'm not trying for it just yet.

Audrey said...

Wow, I am perfectly content with my two and you are talking 4, 5 and 6! But, then again, I know these two are what I am supposed to have and I've never felt the spirit prompting me that there are more for us...
My twin sis. thought she was pretty much done having kids at 3, but told me the other day she's been having baby dreams, I guess we'll see :)

Steph said...

Good luck with that one... By the way I'm NOT pregnant.. If that makes you feel better :) and will not be for a long time...