12.03.2009
Christmas Spirit
Well last month was fun, counting blessings. This month I'd really like to get more in the Spirit of Christmas. This means I will not have time to blog daily. But I'll try and post weekly at least. So far for the month of December we have 2 advent calendars, and 2 nightly stories to be read. One calendar is a wooden Christmas tree the kids helped me decorate with buttons. It currently says "22 days 'til Christmas" The numbers are interchangeable. I got it at a Super Saturday with my mom, but I think mine is the only one decorated on 2 sides. The other advent calendar is from the Friend magazine. Our stories are a Christmas story book put together by my mother in law for us, with some of the standard stories, and a gift from the primary to Abby which guides us to read stories of Jesus from the scriptures every night, also an advent calendar of sorts. We are going to be decorating this weekend, so my primary goals right now are to get cleaned up so we can. I'm looking forward to reading stories from the Ensign and Friend. Christmas stories are one of my favorite things about the season. Along with the movies and music. I'm soaking it all in, and doing my best not to stress about what I haven't done yet. What are you doing to welcome Christmas in your home??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Christmas stories and songs are my favorite part of the Christmas season. It seems that Christmas is the one time that I get back to playing the piano (and it reminds me that I really, really need to practice).
We are using the Friend advent calendar too. It is fun to learn about what different nations do for Christmas. The kids love playing with the plastic nativity set (though I find it scattered every where as often as not).
We love decorating. We are one of the only houses with lights on our street and are lucky we got them up this year at all I think!
Also we got a packet of stuff this year in Relief Society talking about each of the symbols of Christmas and what they "really mean". It's meant to be done as a single FHE, but I think with the little ones we might drag it out to one a night. That is probably all their attention span can handle. I got a lot of ideas yesterday in RS for other traditions and Christ centered activities. If I can get to it, I will post it on my blog...
Post a Comment