12.13.2009
Called
Today has given me much opportunity to reflect on what it means to be Called of God. Called to Serve. We had a missionary farewell in church today, the oldest son of a friend and fellow blogger will be entering the Missionary Training Center this Wednesday. We also had a special fast in our ward, for a very recently returned missionary. He has just been diagnosed with bone cancer. The Bishop had forgotten to return his missionary plaque earlier, and so did it today. Two missionaries, two callings. One is just getting ready to go, another has served faithfully for 2 years, and now faces the biggest trial in his life. I know Heavenly Father has a purpose for both of them, and will continue watching over this young man in his great trial, he is not forgotten. In addition to the missionary calls, I am reflecting on the call I've been given. I am the visiting teacher to the mother of the young man with cancer. How can I serve her?? What can I do?? It isn't often that a special need in the ward falls under my personal responsibility. But in this case it does. I've been asked to be one of the people that she can call on, that will step in and help her when needed. This isn't a random assignment, it comes from Heavenly Father. I have been a bit intimidated by being called to serve her already, she has much more experience than I do. Now, it is really time for me to step up, get out of my comfort zone, and stretch my abilities. I know that I will have help from the Spirit when I do. Meanwhile, I'll be praying, and listening. If you have a moment, will you please pray for both of these young men and their mothers??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Anna,
We are all here to help her and you. I am also close to her, she is my visiting teacher and has been for 4 years. So what I want to say to you is that any help you feel you need in serving her, I am right here for you. Please let me help if either of you need it.
Thanks,
Rae Munk
Oh wow. That's not Susie Weeke's son is it? I can't think of another missionary out from your ward.
Rae, you know her much better than I do then, I sincerely hope that I can be of some small service to her though, and will call you if I find a way we can help. Call me if you do?? Lara, David and Jeanne's son Derek actually.
Post a Comment