4.03.2009
Size 14
I just bought a pair of size 14 Levi's at the DI. For me. They were a bit snug, and I don't know if Levi's tend to be vanity sized or what, but I put them on and zipped and buttoned them. HOLY MOLEY they fit!! Trying them on was almost exactly like the Special K commercial where the girl is trying on jeans and sucking it in. Fully expecting them not to fit, then voila! There they are on the body and they fit, really fit. For a little perspective the last time I went and bought myself a new pair of jeans to be skinny jean I bought a size 20. The 20s that used to be my skinny jeans are now my fat jeans. And I really really need to get rid of the 24s, they are rather ridiculous to be wearing. 14s, I still can't get over it. It is usually awkward for me to talk about my weight loss, because being excited about a 14 means admitting I used to wear 24s. But right now I really don't care. I'm so excited to be in a size 14, officially out of plus sizes. I still have 30 pounds to lose, but I can lose that by my birthday, or by Halloween at the latest. I don't remember when I last was this size, I remember hitting 180 by the time I was sixteen. I'm below (BELOW!!) 170 now. I honestly never used to even imagine getting down to 140, and now it is totally there on the horizon. Fully visible on the left side of the scale when I step on it. Not even all the way to the left. But even if I do get stalled in this process, I'm a 14- a FOURTEEN. Yes I'm shouting, I can't help it I'm just so thrilled. I'm pretty sure I yelled it in the dressing room at DI yesterday too, along with a little dance. So I figured I'd should just go ahead and share it here, now I can get it out of my system and get back to business. The business of kicking the next 30 pounds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
THAT IS SO AWESOME...IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! yes all caps :))
Way to go!!!! That's amazing! Dropping 10 sizes is incredible!
Technically it's only 5 sizes. But ten sounds better, lol.
I am SO excited for you!!! It is hard work and you look great. I have been there and I have had to worry about my weight my whole life. Keep up the good work.
I am not sure how many but I usually fill them 2/3 full. I just can't remember how many it makes.
Yea! That is so wonderful. I totally know how you feel and I am so excited for you!! Yea for a 14!!
That is great! What are you doing to lose weight? Just curious...
I've been using Weight Watchers. I pay for the online service, it's cheaper and more convenient than meetings. I really like they way it works for me, I can do this my whole life. Or at least I think so.
Wahoo!!!! I unfortunately am STRUGGLING in this department. I've been thinking about weight watchers...the problem is I KNOW what I should do, but just have no willpower.
BTW, thanks for commenting on my blog. I just now thought to check your profile and found your blog as well! G
ood luck with the continued weight loss. I found it pretty easy right after I had my kids. It was after I stopped nursing when they were a year or so that I started gaining weight back.
Thanks Kristy, I am definitely a little nervous about what will happen when Willie is done nursing. But right now, I am loving the new way of eating. It's pretty easy to cook for the whole family, and I'm learning to listen to my hunger signals. I can absolutely see myself doing this for the rest of my life. The hardest part for me is planning on snacks and accounting for when I'm not in control of the ingredients. If you ever want, I'll tell you how it works (the way I'm doing it)
Post a Comment