2.13.2009

Sugar cookie palooza

Well my camera is battery challenged so I don't have pictures. But the kids and I had a lot of fun making Valentine sugar cookies this week. I wanted to do them for Valentines, but we have 2 birthday parties, and I have a Stake Enrichment tomorrow- so it was a bit overwhelming to even think about. Then I had a stroke of genius- the weekend before, and FHE!! So thanks to my friend Kathy's blog and a post about her families favorite Valentine cookies I tackled it head on. Unwittingly I doubled her recipe- and came up with A LOT of dough. Sunday after church the kids and I rolled and cut out most of the dough. Monday during the day we frosted and sprinkled them with heart sprinkles. Which was Harvey's favorite part, every time I mentioned the cookies he wanted to know if we could do the sprinkles yet. Jeff came home to cookies spread over every single surface in the kitchen- you can't stack freshly frosted cookies on top of each other. I figured out how to stack the cookie sheets so we could eat dinner, we read a story from the friend. Then we got out the plates and started divvying up the cookies. We took some to our neighbors, some to our HT and VT families, some to the Bishopric, and to the clerks that serve with Jeff. And had just enough left over for a cookie each. It was really fun. Poor Jeff nearly hurt himself slipping on the ice and Brother Elliott asked me what on earth I was doing out in this. It was very icy. But sometimes, you just do what you need to do. I still have quite a bit of dough left and I think we will make alphabet cookies with it next week. That can count as educational right??

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Mmmm, educational cookies. Sign me up!

Kate said...

Cookies and cookies. They are yummy though but a double batch that is lots of cookies. I hope they were ok. Thanks for following me. You are awesome.