Well It's been over 2 months since I posted. I promise I plan on going back and back posting some. But here is the Christmas rundown. I hadn't been having the best of times getting into the Christmas spirit this year. I'm going to call it partly because this is the first year I've had 3 kids, and the first time I've had an infant who refused to go to bed on Christmas Eve. Really, he just wouldn't do it. We had not a single present wrapped and were up until 1 wrapping. I didn't make the cherry cookies for Santa like I promised Abby. However we did have some cookie dough in the freezer so it all worked out. Despite Willards objections, the other 2 were absolute angels on Christmas Eve, they were bathed, jammied, cleaned up the room, and in bed in record time. I imagine it had a little bit to do with Abby's wish that she could take a nap and Santa could come early. Ha ha.
The kids had a great Christmas. Santa brought Abby a trumpet and go-fish cards in her stocking. Harvey got a toy motorcycle and a little firetruck in his. Oh and peanuts, candy canes and oranges. Per Pectol tradition oranges were eaten before other presents were opened. For a few minutes it almost seemed like Abby was going to miss presents. I was completely unsure how to handle it, after all as parents we should follow through but it was CHRISTMAS. Fortunately I helped her get through the orange. Crisis averted. Then they opened up the presents. Harvey got a remote control Lightning McQueen. Abby got a remote controlled My Lil Pony scooter toy. Santa also brought them some books of Giant coloring pages. Daddy gave them soem new backpacks, very nice ones. Mommy made some hooded towels. Harvey's was my first attempt and is WAY too big. I will make him another one when I get a chance, fortunately he won't notice. Abby loved hers
I also made the kids some dress ups. But I don't think I have pictures of them yet! I made Abby 2 tutus, we also gave her a new/used dress up dress. One that my Aunt Francy made for me when I was little. And Harvey got 2 super-capes, and a fireman hat. The gifts they gave each other were also big hits. Harvey picked out some dress-up make up for Abby. Abby gave Willie what I told her to- a little toy set of soft rattly animals, they all make different noises and have different textures. And Harvey got from Willie a knight dress up set. With a shield, breastplate and sword. He LOVES it.
Oh and what did Willi get for Christmas? A vibrating teether and a teddy bear. Yes, that is all.
2 comments:
I didn't know that you had a blog. That is so great. You are so talented and do so much for your family. You are a great example to me.
Fun! Thanks for the fabulous Vegas ideas, btw!
Post a Comment