1.03.2010
Reflections and Looking Forward to 2010
It's a New Year again. A good time to look at our lives and see what we want to change. I've looked back at 2009 some, and I think it was an amazing year. I made progress on many resolutions, both typical and personal. I'm 30 pounds lighter than I was a year ago. I speak more softly more often to my children. I finally gave a Book of Mormon to a friend (I've wanted to do it for 8 years). I have drawn closer to my Savior and am trying to be like Him. Really, I don't have any big changes I'd like to make. Lots of improving in lots of areas, but no huge changes. I do have one Wish for 2010 for myself, but even if that doesn't happen, then I have plenty to do to keep me occupied. This year all I really want to do is grow, improve, strengthen. My home, my family, and myself. For Home I need to better use my time. Less Facebook, less blog following, less dinking around. There are many things I can improve on but I'm going to be focusing on managing my time better. For Family I want to continue to soften my tone, and to cheer up more often too. I scold and worry too much. For Myself- Strength training. My back is hurting me again after missing so much gym time, and it is high time for the Saggy Baggy Elephant Skin to disappear, or at least shrink a little. Do I'd like to become more constructive, more tempered, and stronger. Written down like that it seems a lot harder than it feels inside myself. I'm not going to be tackling all of this with a renewed vengeance this month. Rather these are things I've already been working on, and am just going to keep on working on. There are myriad other little things that I'm working on too, and don't plan on stopping. Life is a work in progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Of all the New Year's posts I've read this week (and that's a LOT of posts), this is my favorite! I'm so impressed by your goals and how well you met them this past year! I hope that by the end of 2010, I'll have a post that sounds a lot like this one. :)
What a wonderful year! Thank you for sharing. You are such a wonderful example.
Love the post! Sounds like you had a fabulous year and a great one coming up :)
Post a Comment