Well it's been a while but I had it typed up elsewhere so here it is now. WARNING- this is potentially scary, hey birthing a baby isn't a walk in the park.
I got my membranes stripped on the 12th. At 2 oclock on the13th I wasn't feeling well so I decided to sort of time contractions, to see how regular they might be. Lo and behold they consistently came about 10 minutes apart even when I changed activities. Early Labor!! This was it. After a few hours I called my mom and asked her to come get the kids, because the baby would actually show up sometime in the next 36 hours I figured. Jeff came home from work a little early and we played cards and wrote down the start time of my contractions til she got there and the kids woke up from their naps. The contractions were getting stronger. We ate a light dinner, went for a walk, and watched a movie while I laid on the couch. 7-8 minutes apart. When I was no longer comfortable on the couch Jeff filled up our jetted tub. Best thing ever. My contractions moved up to 4 minutes apart while in the tub with every second or third lasting a good 2 minutes. Urrgh. So we call the Dr and headed in. On our way in they move to 2-3 minutes apart!! I was thrilled, surely I'd dilated a couple more centimeters with all that. NOPE. They checked me and I was still just a 3, 11:45 pm. The nurses seemed dubious about my desire for an unmedicated 2VBAC, I thought. And my contractions stopped. I about had a breakdown. Last time I got stuck at a 3-4 and I was sure it was happening this time. They had me walk around the halls and then I got into the tub because it had worked so well at home. Jeff could tell I was not thinking positively and encouraged me to stop worrying and just think about success and progress, to visualize. The tub kicked my contractions into gear again and while I was tired and frustrated I found my mantra 'My body knows. EVERY body knows. My body knows'. After an hour the nurse checked again, I was a 5!!! After that everyone[everythingwas great. I moaned, chanted my mantra, cried, rocked in chair and DH's arms, birthing ball, squeezed hands When I got t o an 8 they got me back on the bed and broke my water. #%^#$#$#&*%$*%!!!! Transition. I completely lost it. I didnt have the strength left to get into new positions between contractions. He was facing sideways instead of down and my hips were dying. I lay on my side while the nurse and dr held my upper leg for me. I was completely out of it and couldn't do anything helpful. So I screamed bloody murder. I knew in my head I was almost done and this was how it worked, but woah! Now I understand why unplanned Natural births are a system shocker, its unreal when you meant to do it. Finally, the urge to push and I had something to do. I still did plenty of hollering (I'm pretty sure I woke up the whole hospital). They kept telling me he was coming out so I'd try to feel his head but he was only crowning. So I got mad and pushed harder. The end result?
Delivery at 2:53 am of a 6 lb 8 oz, 18.5 in, beautiful amazing boy. The sense of peace he brought with him is amazing. Heavenly Father sent us just the right baby, I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment